Eternal Flame Award
This award goes to an alumna sister who exemplifies our values within our organization and her surrounding community and has selflessly served to improve CUS over the past 10 years.
- Must have been a member for a minimum of 10 years, not to exceed 14 years
- Must be a member in good standing (defined in PPM section 1.06) for the 2016 calendar year
- To win an award in 2017, the member must have been in good standing for the 2016 calendar year
- Never have been charged with a Type B or higher sanction
- Be an exemplary sister (in character and work ethic) who has made a genuine contribution in each of their capacities and can demonstrate their impact on the organization as a whole through tangible achievements (i.e. implementation of new policies, projects, ideas)
- Served as an officer on the undergraduate level or graduate chapter level
- Active involvement through an additional leadership role as Alumna Advisor, National Committee member, Chair of a national committee, NALFO Liaison, Regional Board, BOT or BOD.
- Financially active for at least 75% of their tenure including within the last 2 years the award is being given
- Special consideration for sisters who have served in the military and have been deployed for 2 or more years
- The following required documentation must be received by the nomination deadlines
- Letter of recommendation from a member in good standing detailing the aforementioned criteria
Please use the below form to nominate a Sister for The 2017 Eternal Flame Award.
* All requirements are updated according to the Feb 2017 PPM Updates.